Friday, August 26, 2011

Nursery Times and Cottage Garden - Sketch Challenges

I had so much fun with card sketches today!  The first challenge I completed was for http://cardpatterns.blogspot.com/, Card Patterns Sketch 129.  They have so many sketches in their archive; it is impossible not to find a great layout for a project!

In trying to use some new color combinations (for me at least), I chose to pair Marina Mist with Perfect Plum then added in So Saffron.  I wanted to use a Designer Series Paper, however I did not have anything to match the colors I had chosen. So I cut up a piece the First Edition Specialty Designer Series Paper and used the Color Spritzer tool and a So Saffron Marker to add some matching color - easy way to have custom DSP:)!  

This is the first time I used the Stampin' UP! exclusive Perfect Pennants Sizzix Bigz L Die and I love it!  The Scallop Circles are so detailed and beautiful not to mention I can't wait to make a banner with the Pennant part!  So loving this new product:).  

For the background in Perfect Plum, I wanted to use a background stamp, but I don't have any current ones. Instead I used the large stamp from the Day of Gratitude Stamp set to create a custom background.





As always, all products are Stampin' UP!
Stamps:
Nursery Times, & Day of Gratitude 
Cardstock:
Pale Plum, Marina Mist, So Saffron & Very Vanilla 
Ink:
Basic Black & Perfect Plum Classic Stampin' Pads
So Saffron, Marina Mist & Perfect Plum Markers  
Punches:
1 3/8" Circle, Scallop Trim Border & Hole Punch
 Tools:
Big Shot
Perfect Pennants Die
Circles #2 Die
Houndstooth Embossing Folder
Color Spritzer
Aqua Painter
Embellishments & Accessories:
Subtles Buttons
Linen Thread
First Editions Specialty Designer Series Paper


 Create with Connie and Mary also had a great sketch challenge this week (CCMC164). http://www.createwithconnieandmary.com/ always has creative challenges and inspired samples; don't forget to check out their webpage!


I wanted to use only 1 stamp set and create something simple, but elegant.  I used only Pacific Point and Rich Razzleberry Ink.  By stamping the outline in Rich Razzleberry Ink on the Whisper White Cardstock then stamping silhouette image off on scrap paper first then over the outline, a double-color is achieved with only one ink pad.


For the ribbon along the side, I layered Whisper White Satin Ribbon over a piece of Pacific Point Cardstock.  Then I attached the Filigree Designer Brad using Rich Razzleberry 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon.  I wanted something a little unique so I used a men's tie type of knot.  Fun:)!


 
As always, all products are Stampin' UP!
Stamps:
Cottage Garden 
Cardstock:
Rich Razzleberry, Pacific Point & Whisper White
Ink: 
Rich Razzleberry & Pacific Point Classic Stampin' Pads
Tools:
Big Shot
Polka Dots Embossing FolderEmbellishments & Accessories:
Filigree Designer Brads
Rich Razzleberry 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon  
Whisper White 5/8"Satin Ribbon
Dazzling Details Stampin Glitter (NEW IN THE UPCOMING 2011-2012 Holiday Mini!!) 

I am sad my week off is offically over, however I had a wonderful vacation at home:)!
HAPPY STAMPING,
~Krystal 

7 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great vacation Krystal. You've been a very busy girl! I like how you strung the brad on your card. Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous cards!!! Thanks for joining in the fun at Card Patterns this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards! Love the way you've colored the DSP on the first one and the ribbon treatment on the second is so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are just lovely! Thanks for playing at CCMC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are great! I love the little charm hanging from your ribbon! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice touch with the ribbon with the brad hanging from it! Thanks for joining us this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your ribbon embellishment is great. Great way to make your own charm. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! It means a lot to me:)!