Thursday, October 27, 2011

Don't talk to me until I've had my COFFEE

For those of you who know me well, you know that I have to have at least one coffee in my system before I fully open my eyes.  This card is for my inner-coffee addict! The great sketch comes from The Paper Players and the interesting color combination comes from Create with Connie and MaryCreate with Connie and Mary challenged to use Island Indigo, Baja Breeze and Rich Razzleberry, not colors I would normally put together so I love the challenge!
I used the Take a Sip Standard Wheel to create the coffee cups on the Island Indigo Cardstock and for the popped up coffee cups. I colored them in with Watercolor Crayons.

For the Embedded Embossed Banner, I took a piece of Baja Breeze cardstock and taped on the cardstock stripes of Rich Razzleberry and Island Indigo cardstock then embossed the whole piece using the Polka Dots Embossing Folder.


 Check out the challenge websites to see additonal projects made for these challenges:
http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.com/ and http://www.createwithconnieandmary.com/

This makes me want a latte...!
~Krystal


As always, all products used were Stampin' UP!


Take a Sip Standard Wheel, Petite Pairs, Island Indigo Cardstock, Rich Cardstock, Baja Breeze Cardstock, Rich Razzleberry Ink, Marina Mist Ink, 1" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Blossom Boquet Triple Layer Punch, Brights Watercolor Crayons, Big Shot, Polka Dot Embossing Folder, & Dazzling Details Stampin Glitter

13 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute! Not only did you do a fabulous job with the color challenge, you nailed the sketch, too! I love the texture! The Dazzling Details are the perfect touch! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card that I can totally relate to - lol! Love the coffee images! And I really love the flagged banner with the strips of paper! It really looks like ribbon! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmm...latte....!
    Sorry, I was dreaming...I love lattes too! Your card is great! The images stamped simply and coloured works well. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm right there with you on the coffee, Krystal! Haha! I actually JUST got back from a Starbucks run! Such a fun card and perfect for any coffe-lover. I especially like the stripes you added to the banner. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on combining both challenges and coming out with this magnificent card Krystal. Thanks for being a part of the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my coffee too and it's surprising we don't see more caffeine inspired cards ;) This is perfect for any coffee lover. Great color choices! Thanks so much for sharing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am right there with you on the coffee! Fun card, fun colors! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool card! And I love the title of the post. :) Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great combination of challenges here - so much fun! Thanks for playing at CCMC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how fun! I like how you combined these challenges along with the coffee set...CUTE! Thanks for joining us this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like how you've done the banner with strips of paper--clever! Thank you for playing along at CCMC and with my Paper Players sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally hear you on needing coffee before talking :) Great card, love all the cups! Thanks for playing along with CCMC :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect card for coffee lovers. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! It means a lot to me:)!